However imagery can also be a powerful distraction. if an image isn't use correctly then the minds of students can wander.
I've seen an adolescent attempt to give lessons, and his interpretation to the advice of 'keeping the kids interested' was to include 'cool' pictures of cars in his slides, because this kept their attention on the slides, instead of wandering
He genuinely didn't understand that the photos were taking away their attention from the lesson.
This is a photo of an odd plant along the Kokoda Trail. Due to it not being very common, for the high school context it could be an example of how different plans have developed to meet their different needs.
PODCASTS:
unfortunately mypodcast.com is no longer accepting new members. However I have used podcasts before.
As a flex(read: external) student for some of my subjects, these can be very helpful in my own learning. When I don't have time to watch a lecture, or I want to revise a lecture I've already seen, the audio can be downloaded as well, and this lets me listen to the lecture on my mp3 player.
As a future learning manager the importance of pod casts has the potential to be tenfold of this. To be able to record extra notes to go with a lesson, and allow the students access to this either if they wish, or as part of their required course homework, to refer to them professionals podcasts to which they could then refer to, to give the students an opportunity to record their own, something they can reflect on, to... well, I believe my point has quite possibly been made.
There are a lot of ways to which a podcast could be useful, and a lot of advantages to them, provided they are used responsibly.
No comments:
Post a Comment