I'm not usually one to use concepts maps. Which is odd, I love organising things, when I clean my room I become stuck when at the end, everything is organised into draws, shelves and wardrobes, but I am always left with an assortment of misc. items that belong to no group.(and I will use this as my reason for normally employing a 'floordrobe' method with my room. as this is normally what happens within a week of cleaning my room anyway.)
But I digress, I genuinely seemed to enjoy working with this website (bubble.us), largely because I find it easy to work with, especially be able to simply press tab/enter to create another bubble (I personally don't really like using the mouse for general computer use, so keyboard shortcuts are a 'win' in my opinion).
This is something I know a lot of students would be able to use effectively, and I genuinely believe that during my free time, I will use this site to print out something that can help organise my uni time for me. But I also recognise that between now and that time, my opinion of how useful it is could change. Not how useful it is in general, just to me, personally.
As I hinted towards earlier, I love organising things, my problem is sticking to that organisation. I'm working on it though.
(although I'm still slightly distracted by upper case letters appearing more bold then lower case in the editing page...)
hey andrew,
ReplyDeletei agree that concept maps are a great way to organise content information. It would let students revisit the content they have already learnt and allow them to further extend there understanding. Have you thought about How concept maps could be used to consolidate and refine information???
Thanks for this comment Kym, I actually hadn't thought of that!
ReplyDeleteTo me a concept map was a planning tool, I was stuck on the idea of using it before a task, instead of using it as a tool to store the information gained.